Friday, August 1, 2008

Home (Bitter)Sweet Home

Well I made it to Grosse Pointe.  After a few long days of moving out of East Lansing and re-organizing and re-packing in Northville, I'm here.  The family I'm living with has this apartment above the garage that I'm living in.  It's spacious, clean, and now that the air conditioning units are running, comfortable.  Maybe I'll post some pictures in the next few days.

It's been a tough transition for me over the past week or so.  I've gone from the comfort of living in East Lansing to the excitement of living in Ecuador, transitioned for a week or so in Grand Rapids/East Lansing/Northville, and now into the unknown of Grosse Pointe.  

I'm excited and anxious and completely unsure of myself all at the same time.  I know about 5% of the people I know in East Lansing.  

I'm a little tired, so maybe I'll finish this post tomorrow.  I know I'm a little behind on blogging...I'm hoping to write something about Ecuador really soon too.  The truth is, life has happened pretty fast in the past 6 weeks.  Hopefully I'll catch up.

But for now, I've got a new home.  I'm missing the old like crazy already, but I'm holding onto the promise that it'll be great sooner rather than later.   Good night!


2 comments:

Alison said...

aw. i am so prod of my CJ. hes all grown up working in YL!! i hope you had an AMAZING time in ecudore. you will be AMAZING at your job. your there for a reason!! jusus loves you and i am going to miss you a ton!! young life just wont be the sane without you and mere there!

Katie said...

Oh, I know that feeling.
But God is behind all of this, and His plans for you are so much bigger and cooler than you can even imagine. How fantastic is that??
Just remember - it's not complicated, it's just hard. And it's not supposed to be easy.
(I know, that's kind of like the "I am" advice that you gave me earlier... but it's still good advice.)
:)