Thursday, August 14, 2008

'Tis the season


Every year, during this very week, the air is filled with the sounds of whistles, pads hitting, yelling coaches, and the click-clack of cleats on pavement.  Yep, it's the official start of week of high school football practice.  It's also the official start week of all the other fall sports, but there's something different about football.  Maybe I'm just biased though.

I live about a pitching wedge away from Grosse Pointe South HS, and just a little further away is their football field.  Today is the first day of full pads and it couldn't be any nicer of a day.  So all morning I've had memories of the glory days back in high school replaying in my head.  It's been quite a long stroll down memory lane. 

I still miss playing football.  The heat.  The camaraderie.  The lights.  Maybe I'll watch Friday Night Lights this weekend.

In other related news...I might be an 8th grade football coach!

1 comment:

Murphy Kenzio said...

As I would say,coll beans.