Monday, August 4, 2008

Drama on the 18th at Michigan's Adventure


I went to Michigan's Adventure (I actually just realized it was Michigan's Adventure rather than just Michigan Adventure.  I had to go back and correct all of them) for the first time with some friends yesterday.  It was a lot of fun, and will probably be more fun next time because I'll actually bring my swim suit.  I didn't realize it was 75% water park...oops.

One highlight was t-boning a random guy on the go-karts.  It was entirely his fault for poor driving and not knowing what to do with a slow car: get out of the way for faster cars :)  Oh, and for trying to needlessly cut me off on a curve.

We also went putt-putting.  It had been a while since I last hit the mini links, so I wasn't expecting great results.  And I certainly wasn't expecting to shoot a +26.  Yep, 26 over par.  I don't know if I've played a tougher course than this one.  Most holes had a crowned finish to it so putts had to be hit at the perfect pace to go in.  There were also lots of little pieces of bark sprayed all over, presumably from other players walking through and such.  On almost every hole my ball made a detour for the worse after hitting a piece of bark, stopping behind obstacles, running into hazards, and occasionally jumping off the hole entirely.  I finished the day with one par and one dramatic birdie on the par 3 18th.  It was about 12 feet uphill into two pipes that trickled down to the hole.  Somehow I made it into the better pipe in 1, and sank a 10 footer to birdie.  

+26 sounds a lot better than +27, right?

(Sorry about no pictures.  I tried to post a picture of Shivering Timbers - an old wooden coaster that was my favorite, but Blogger wouldn't let me)

It's working now...here's a picture of the beach we stopped by after the park.



2 comments:

Alison said...

so i couldnt help but burst out laughing when i read that u went 26 over par!!

Dana said...

lol so many bugs in your new place BOOO!! they sell this bug spray that you spray along the perimeters of your place, on the exterior (along the ground, around windows, etc). i use it at my apartment, you have to spray every 3 months i think, but it works.

yay g pizz!!!!!!!!