Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back in action


So this morning I played some flag football.  One of the guys in Grosse Pointe that I know brought me and I was able to meet some cool guys and play the sport that I love.  It's been over a month since I've done anything even slightly physically demanding.  It felt really good to run around out there.  I played fairly cautiously because I was nervous about my still healing orbital.  The doctor told me to wait 5-6 weeks until I do anything that could involve contact, and it's been pretty much 5 weeks on the dot.  So I'm at the bare minimum. These two pictures are of my shoe that completely fell apart this morning.  Guess I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes now.


I walked around a little more today.  I found the Village, which is a cool place with ice cream, coffee, Panera, Borders Books, and a Moosejaw.  I'm writing this from Caribou Coffee, which might have to become my new favorite coffee shop (mostly by default because it's really close).  I think there's a Beaners somewhere around here, but it's not within walking distance.

By the way, places within walking distance of my house is my new favorite concept.  Kroger and CVS/Rite-Aid fit are both really close.  I bought a few groceries from Kroger and I'm already missing Meijer.  Guess that'll be another new thing I need to get used to in my new home.

I'm to Michigan Adventure tomorrow!  My first time there...should be fun!

No comments: