Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vitamin C is still playin' in the background...

I'm a few days into summer vacation / realizing I'm done with college and it feels great.  Life has really slowed down and I like that.  I can go to bed before midnight without feeling pressured to wake up before 8 to keep studying.  I can sleep in past 11 without having to miss a class.  

The last few weeks have been so memorably crazy.  I put the finishing touches on my first 4.0 semester of my life, was baptized with my friends and in front of my friends, and I attended my last YL leadership and college graduation.  But during my slower, quieter week, the highlights have been:
  • buying enough groceries at one time from Meijer that I couldn't go in the U-Scan 12 Items or Less lane 
  • interviewing in Grosse Pointe
  • buying a new rain jacket 
There's still a lot of random things I want to do, but I've got the time now to get those done at my own pace.  

To further comment on graduation, since it feels like it deserves more words, I'm planning on posting a few Top 10 lists.  If you have any suggestions for one, let me know.  I'll lead off with top 10 things that I will miss about college:

10. The Gallery at Snyder Phillips
9. Hanging out at Gone Wired
8. Mondays and Wednesdays with Sween
7. Being able to do things I don't want to do (e.g. study for a test) with people that I love
6. Friday night leadership
5. Springtime on campus
4. Walking down the banks of the Red Cedar in the fall
3. Izzone
2. Mason Young Life
1. Being within walking distance of a community of people that love me

I made that list in a surprisingly short amount of time, so I'm probably missing key things.  I am allowing myself full permission to edit that list if need be in the future.

Enjoy the sun!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

i am going to miss friday night leaderships to!!! they were what got me through the week.