Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What Not to Say

I'm normally a guy who thinks through what I say before I actually say it.  However, I'm not immune to an occasional slip-up.  Last night I was talking with Shan about some old memories, and the 25K that she ran last summer came up.  Here's a brief transcript of the conversation:

Me: I'm still so proud of you for finishing that race so well.
Shan: Yeah, I just wish that I would have stayed in better shape since I worked so hard to get in shape.
Me: Yeah me too.

Now OBVIOUSLY by saying that I meant that I wished I myself would have stayed in shape after working hard to get in shape.  But I guess she heard it a little differently :)

We laughed about that little exchange for a long time last night, so I think that's a good sign.  

It might be fun if I updated this topic (what not to say to someone you love) on a weekly basis, but I decided against it.  Instead, I think I'll just cling to the hope that I won't put myself in these situations anymore :)

In other news, club went well last night.  I didn't feel very well at all, which isn't the ideal way to give a club talk.   But I think it went well, and I feel pretty good about it.  One of my favorite moments was sitting at Burger King with this freshman guy.  he was talking about his sister and how she (surprisingly) annoys him.  Then he uttered this little gem:

"She's so messy at home, I can't take it.  She's such a pig."

Now at first this may be all that funny, but then I'll tell you that he said that while scarfing down a whopper with cheese that wasn't exactly 100% going into his mouth.  I think right when he said "pig" a huge piece of lettuce fell onto his shirt.  Then he wiped his mouth with his sleeve.  Priceless.

It's been sunny two days in a row.  Spring might be almost close to being nearly around the corner here in EL.

1 comment:

Dana said...

hey blog upheaval.

i love shannon.

and you i guess.