Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chicago

A few posts ago I mentioned that I would write about my Chicago trip during Spring Break.  Well, now I don't really want to.  It's not that it isn't "blog-worthy" - it's just that I'm just that lazy.  I've thought about writing about it ever since I said I'd write about it.  I've just been a mixture of busy and lazy.  So in order to force myself to jot some notes about it, I thought I'd infuse some creativity.  Therefore, in honor of my friend Kelsey, I will write using as much alliteration as I can without making myself go crazy.  It'll be fabulously fun.  Here we go.

I diligently drove to Chicago in under 4 hours, which is less time than rad Rachel predicted.  3 hours and 52 minutes to be extremely exact.  I was a proud person that day.  I passed the time by reflecting and thinking, two powerful pastimes that I rarely receive reliable time to do.  So I enjoyed it.

I spent most of my time there following my friend Brian around Evanston.  Here's a short list of where we went: his office, leadership, Pomegranate (restaurant), Northwestern's cool campus (yeah I know that was a lame effort on my part).  We watched a high school play, went to some meetings, ate food, played basketball, listened to Tim Keller, and chatted.  It's been a long time since we've had extended amounts of time to hang-out and talk about life.  It was good. 

I saw some students I met many months ago that go to Northwestern and do leadership with Bri.  It was good to see them too.

(Okay I'm officially out of alliteration ammunition.  I can't take this trouble too much longer).

So anyways, it was a great trip.  It was relaxing, fun, memorable, and definitely worth all the gas money.  At first I was disappointed in not going somewhere warm for Spring Break.  But it turns out that was able to go and spend some seriously solid quality time with some of my favorite people in the whole world...who wouldn't want that?

(I guess I had a little left in me)

PS I couldn't post about Chicago without mentioning my friend Dana.  She was down there being all grown-up and professional for her company Veritas.  One of the highlights of the trip was when she walked into Cosi for this meeting and freaked out and made the "Dana freak-out face."  Obviously she had no idea I'd be there.  And I bet she freaked out when she read almost the entire post without seeing her name :)


1 comment:

Dana said...

okay i love you for so many reasons but was reaffirmed and maybe loved you a little more when i read "and i bet she freaked out when she read almost the entire post without seeing her name"

because i was. a little.

you're great!!!!!!!!!