Thursday, September 4, 2008

Real life Little Giants

So I've been helping out with the 8th grade football team for a couple weeks now and I love it.  We have a fairly small team both in numbers and physical size, but I think we've got a handful of good players and several hard workers that should make for a fun season.

From my very first day, I noticed similarities between this team and the fictional Little Giants.  We've got our own version of Ice Box (although it's a guy) and a QB that reminds me of Junior.  And with several first time football players, I feel like I'm living in the movie (although sadly, none of the coaches are anything like Rick Moranis).

Last night we had our first scrimmage.  I saw some good things, saw some bad things, but unfortunately didn't get to see a whole lot because it started late and was shortened by rain.  But the most exciting story is that we have a new football player.  Our very own Spike, if you will.  He's 5'11" and 165 lbs, which makes him the bigger than all the other kids (except for one shorter, heavier linemen) and one coach (myself).  Should be fun coaching him up!

Our first game is Sunday the 14th and I can't wait!  Being able to combine my passion for kids and football is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Alison said...

im so glad your adjusting to GP SO well! its fun to read your blog and see what you have been doing and how you have liked GP!

i also wanted to say that i just love it when you leave me sweet somments on my blog. they just make me smile no matter how bad of a day or how stressed i am! THANKS.

cant wait to see you for dinner on sunday!! : )