Sunday, April 20, 2008

Parking Spaces

So I met with two different groups today in the Business Library.  I think of all the places on campus, excluding my dorm rooms, I've spent the most time here.  There's something about this place that I love; maybe it's the environment that makes me feel all grown-up and professional.  Or maybe because it's quiet enough to study but everyone's okay with soft conversations too.  At the main library, the only sound levels are crickets chirping or house party.  And, unlike the main library, it's not 150 degrees.

But anyways, 2 visits also means 2 times finding a parking space.  Parking spaces in the Shaw Ramp are like fresh meat in piranha pools.  Just like the rest of business it seems, it's highly competitive.  During slower times of the day, like right now, it turns into finding a spot that is closest to the stairwell you want to take.  And pretty much every time I'm in that situation, there's one spot that is "kind of close."  These "kind of close" spots are nice, but they're always far enough away to make me feel like there's something closer.  And 9 times out of 10, there isn't, and by the time I come back, someone else has wisely filled the spot.  

I'm typically not okay with settling when something better is out there, but I also don't think that desiring more is healthy either.  So that got me thinking...where does settling stop and greed begin?

I'm way too tired to keep thinking about this, so I'll just leave it at that.  If I think of it, I'll post again with some more thoughts.  But for now, I'm sleepy.

No comments: