Friday, December 21, 2007

Catching Up

"It's been a while since I've last posted, and I know this because I've received several comments about my lack of posts (cough Emily, Sween, and Shan, cough cough) :)

So what better time to post than a quiet Friday night back at home? I've been all over the place lately, which has been a good and bad thing, but mostly good. So here's a short (but most likely long, by the time I'll done) recap of some thoughts that I deem blog-worthy, but just have been too lazy or forgetful to talk about, in no particular order:

1. One of Jesus' promises/qualities is that He is the Bread of life. I realized why He is not the "Chicken Queso Burrito of life" a couple Wednesdays ago because an experience I had at basketball practice. I had one of these little pieces of Heaven for lunch, then a couple hours later found myself participating in a full court drill for about 10 minutes with freshman boys that had much more energy (and probably 1 less chicken queso burrito sitting in their stomach). Let's just say it wasn't a good feeling. But man was it tasty.

2. I went Christmas shopping the other day by myself at the Meridian Mall, and it surprisingly wasn't too bad of an experience. It was actually really funny, on top of being productive. I saw a lot of my friends from Mason HS, including watching two guys walk out of Victoria's Secret. If I had a picture of one of the guys' face (the freshman guy I know, who also happens to be on my basketball team), I'd post it. Probably a face worthy of an American Express "Priceless" ad. But I also took a few minutes to check out the line for seeing Santa, and I was disappointed. I'm sure the little old man posing as Santa couldn't do much more, but he definitely didn't look too much like Santa...at least as I imagine him. Now obviously this is somewhat of a subjective criticism, since Santa's about as real as the Lions' playoff chances, but still, he wasn't quite plump enough, his beard didn't look right, and he was either 10 years too young or 10 years too old (I couldn't decide which was actually true). And he wouldn't even let kids sit on his lap! The poor little kids had to stand awkwardly in front of him, sharing their condensed wish lists. That was another problem with him...I think his lap was too small.

3. Mason Freshman basketball is now 2-3, after a 38 point win over St. John's. Obvious evidence of a great coaching job :) And (read: in reality) our point guards are studs.

4. Played a game of movie charades with Woj, Shan, and the Granger boys. Our movie selections were limited to the movies on their shelf, which the boys have affectionately memorized. Here's a video of my beautiful girlfriend acting her little heart out (I only caught the tail end).



I love this video because of
A. The confidence and passion exuded by Luke Granger
B. Shan's lion impersonation
C. "Can I see that?" This quote ended the video, mostly because Jay grabbed my phone and almost broke it in half

5. I watched "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" again, only because it's one of Shannon's top 5 favorite movies. I guess that's just what happens...either I love her so much or I have lots of time on my hands. Or both.

6. Speaking of Shan, I spent a weekend with her family in Grand Rapids, and had a blast. We saw a movie, went out to eat with her whole family to celebrate her grandparents' anniversary, watched a family slideshow, hung out with her brother and his friends, went shopping, and many other fun things. It was memorable, and hopefully the first of many more memorable moments with Shannon and her family.

7. Finished my 7th semester of college!


I'm forward to tomorrow. I'm planning on finishing my Christmas shopping, cheering on the Spartans to a win against Texas, and maybe watching Charlie Brown Christmas, the G.O.A.T. of Christmas movies. Miss you all.

No comments: