Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Teachers Make

First things first: Shan and I tried this pumpkin seed recipe this weekend and they turned out GREAT.  Highly recommended.  

During pre-game at our football game Sunday, I was asking one of our players about his weekend.  In typical  8th grade fashion, most of his answers were pretty vague, so I kept asking more questions to really figure out what was going on.  He then said, "Dude, you're just like Tom Brokaw."

What caught me off guard was not his attempt at mocking me, but that he even knows who Tom Brokaw is.  So I asked how he knows about him.  His reply:

"You ever watch South Park?"

Me: "That's how you know about him?"

TV loving 8th grade boy: "Yeah, South Park's taught me most of the stuff I know."

Uh oh.

It was surprising to hear this, but I suppose I shouldn't be all that shocked.  TV offers a lot of information, which is awesome as long as its true.  Which I also suppose is not always the case.  So for all my friends that are teachers or will be teachers, you've got your hands full.  Thank you fighting the every day battle to teach kids.  You make a difference every day.  





No comments: